Conference on Engineering Education and Research
CALL FOR PAPERS
Topics are, but not limited to, the following:
1. Current and future directions in the development of virtual and remote laboratories and the use in education.
2. Educational aspects of cooperative work in online labs.
3. Remote engineering as a coming trend.
4. Instrument Remote Control (IRC).
5. Brokerage systems for online labs, lab management and activity scheduling.
6. Proposals on learning object repositories for online laboratory components including norms, standards, management tools, generic and specific tools, user interfaces.
7. How to integrate online laboratories within shared collaborative learning environments; sharing software or hardware components.
8. Effective architectures, models and techniques for distributed measurement and control systems including the laboratory security issue, control with delays, noisy signals.
9. Techniques and models of learning and teaching scenarios and tutoring systems including project and team based activities.
10. Mobile learning systems (m-learning) dealing with mobile users, wireless systems, mobile devices and location awareness.
11. New manufacturing trends in the design of hardware and software interfaces, leading to potential universal modular design and low-cost, suitable user interfaces and equipment for remote laboratories.
12. Challenges and solutions.
This conference emphasizes development of international partnerships in education and research. Through special sessions and international workshops, it provides ample opportunity for discussing future cooperative projects. For more information on iNEER, one of the principal sponsors of the conference, visit: http://www.ineer.org
January 15, 2004: Abstract due (submit through website indicated below, with e-mail to Session Co-Chair. Be sure to begin the text of your abstract with the title of this session)
February 10, 2004: Notice of preliminary acceptance
March 15, 2004: Paper submission deadline
March 15, 2004: Early registration deadline (required for final acceptance of papers)
March 15, 2004: Deadline for authors’ registration to ensure publishing of submitted papers
April 15, 2004: Notice of final acceptance based on peer review (Registration fees will be refunded if papers are not accepted)
Further information is available at the iCEER-2004 web site: http://www.fs.vsb.cz/akce/2004/iceer/index.htm
Session Organizer and Co-Chair:
Michael E. Auer
Professor for Fundamentals of Electronics
University of Applied Sciences “FH Technikum Kärnten” (Carinthia Tech Institute)
Phone: +43 664 3800654