International Conference on Engineering Education
CALL FOR PAPERS
Topics are, but not limited to, the following:
1. Educational online laboratories or telecommuting brokerage systems.
2. Proposals on learning object repositories for online laboratory components including norms, standards, management tools, generic and specific tools, user interfaces.
3. How to integrate online laboratories within a shared collaborative learning environments; sharing software or hardware components.
4. Simulation, virtual and/or augmented reality system reusable components and tools.
5. Laboratory management and activity scheduling.
6. Effective architectures, models and techniques for distributed measurement and control systems including the laboratory security issue, control with delays, noisy signals.
7. Techniques and models of learning and teaching scenarios and tutoring systems including project and team based activities.
8. Mobile learning systems (m-learning) dealing with mobile users, wireless systems, mobile devices and location awareness.
9. Issues resulting from the use and implementation of various software agents.
10. New manufacturing trends in the design of hardware and software interfaces, leading to potential universal modular design and low-cost, suitable user interfaces and equipment for remote laboratories.
11. Challenges and solutions
This conference emphasizes development of international partnerships in education and research. Through special sessions and international workshops, it provides ample opportunity for discussing future cooperative projects. For more information on iNEER, one of the principal sponsors of the conference, visit: http://www.ineer.org
January 15, 2003: Abstract due (submit through website indicated below, with e-mail to Session Chair. Be sure to begin the text of your abstract with the title of this session)
February 15, 2003: Notice of preliminary acceptance
April 15, 20003: Paper submission deadline
May 1, 2003: Early registration deadline (required for final acceptance of papers)
May 15, 2003: Deadline for authors’ registration to ensure publishing of submitted papers
Further information is available at the ICEE-2003 web site: http://www.upv.es/icee2003.
4750, avenue Henri-Julien, bureau 100
Montréal (Québec), Canada H2T 3E4
Phone: (514) 840 2747 poste 2417
Fax: (514) 843-2160
Jesús A. del Alamo
Professor of Electrical Engineering
MIT, Rm. 39-415
Cambridge, MA 02139-4301, USA
Maarouf Saad, Eng., PhD
Professor, École de technologie supérieure
1100 rue Notre-Dame Ouest,
Montréal, (Québec), Canada H3C 1K3